I need answers fast so I can email this lady back. She has 2 kids ages 10 and I think 7 they are boys she needs a sitter from 7pm Friday night until 9am Saturday morning. She wants to know what is the cheapest I will go for 2 boys over night. What would you charge?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• 40 dollars is the cheapest I'd go for strangers if they bring snacks for themselves. But I'd start charging 3 dollars an hour after 9 am just in case she's out partying and can't wake up. GL!
    Blueloveaura

Answer by Blueloveaura at 4:47 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• well, they are bigger kids and probably take good care of themselves. Plus they will probably sleep through the night so no trouble. Id say 25 bucks
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:46 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Keep food in mind...if you're expected to feed them add that in. I'd expect to pay at least $50 for that kind of service.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:48 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• yes $40 to $50 would be ok. Charge by the half hour after 9 am.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:49 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I would expect to pay more than $50 if i were using the service, but if I were the provider I might think $50 was ok. Since the kids are older they shouldn't be too much trouble, but you never know...maybe she's asking for this because she needs a break from them because they are out of control. It would be much easier to set a price if you had spent time with them before.
    Anonymous

• If you are considering this then I would say that you obviously know them and what they are like and it if was going to be trouble you wouldn't be doing it, so I say $25.00 sounds fair.
    Let us know what you decide.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 4:53 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• QANDA
    no I don't know them I found they were looking for a sitter off craigslist and I am looking for some extra money. I told her I think 40.00 was fair but that she had to provide the snacks
    Anonymous

• $25 and I would say she needs to bring the snacks. Consider most this time they are ASLEEP.
    Anonymous

• I would say that most of these rates above are very good rates. I would pay that, provided my children would be somewhere safe. That's very gracious of you to do something like that. I am sure it means a lot to that mother to entrust you with her children.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:46 PM on Apr. 22, 2010