Disney Movies/Music & Spirituality...

I am kind of a Disney Addict. Always have been.

Today I was compiling a playlist of "spiritual" songs - music that makes me feel very connected to my higher powers. And I realized that quite a few of them came from Disney movies.

So, what Disney songs make you feel connected?

*This is just for fun, lets keep the drama down (I'm sure someone will find a reason for drama)*

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 4:52 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Disney is of the DEVIL.
    Anonymous

• Here are the ones from my playlist, so far...

He Lives In You (The Lion King)
    Colors Of The Wind (Pocahontas)
    Listen With Your Heart (Pocahontas)
    Two Worlds (Tarzan)

I'm sure there will be more, but that's all the further I got so far...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:58 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Thanks Anon - I knew someone would find drama in this question... Why do I even bother asking for a dramaless question in this forum?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:59 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• There is a song from Tarzan, I think it's called "you'll be in my heart". I like a Whole New World - Alladin.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 5:11 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• As campy as it is, "Lesson Number One" from Mulan 2 is one that I really like. "Make a Man Out of You" from the first Mulan also. I've always been a big singer, and that comes out in my spirituality. One thing that Disney isn't lacking is songs that are easy and fun to sing along to.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 5:17 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• There are some Churches that boycott Disney. I know several years ago Disney tried to do this sitcom against the Catholic Church. They boycott shut down the sitcom.
    Anonymous

• I know several years ago Disney tried to do this sitcom against the Catholic Church. They boycott shut down the sitcom.

Are you talking about the movie "Priest" which was put out by Disney's "daughter" company Miramax in 1994? It was a drama not a sitcom
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:43 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• BTW Disney also owns ABC, EPSN, Pixar, Touchstone, Hollywood Pictures, Dimension Films, Buena vista, Lifetime, A&E, The history Channel and a number of other media outlets.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:51 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Are you talking about the movie "Priest" which was put out by Disney's "daughter" company Miramax in 1994? It was a drama not a sitcom

no
    Anonymous

• Now if you're talking abiut the sitcom "Nothing Sacred" which was produiced by 20th century fox (Same production company behind Passion of the Christ) which aired on ABC in 1997. So it wasn't a Disney production. It was cancelled shortly after it began airing but not due to boycotts.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:59 PM on Apr. 22, 2010