Detox...

I have been feeling really crummy and just "not right." I don't eat super heathly and can use improvement in that area. I am getting better slowly though!

would anyone recommend a detox diet? Something to completely flush out my body? I have read about the Master Cleanse diet (aka Lemonade diet) and I am considering that but just wondering if anyone had any recommendations.

Thanks

Soniam301

Asked by Soniam301 at 5:09 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Health

• imo, a drastic cleanse is not necessary, and probably not very helpful if you don't eat well to begin with. i suggest cutting the junk out (as much of the processed foods as you can) and add lots of green veggies. swiss chard, kale spinach, seaweed if you like it and broccoli are really great. cut way back on dairy, or cut it out all together. eat your nuts and seeds, fruits and berries, try brown rice and quinoa for your grains as opposed to bread and pasta. exercise regularly...lightly at first if need be...long slow walks, and beginner yoga is a great place to start.
    if you want to consider supplements, i would begin with a very good probiotic, and a fish oil or udo's oil, and maybe some powdered greens or super greens.
    you may want to make these changes slowly...i find it easier to add the good stuff before cutting the bad stuff...try to get those 5 veggies a day :) as a first goal.
    good luck and good health to you!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:20 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Beachbody has a product called Shakeology ... it's a nutritious meal replacement drink that has over 70 different ingredients in it. Very healthy ! www.myshakeology.com/teamjacobs

Shakeology has a 3 day cleanse .... it's too long to include here, but I'll message it to you.

You can also check out more healthy choices by clicking the link at the bottom of my website. www.beachbodycoach.com/teamjacobs

GOOD LUCK with whatever you choose.
    5 Weight Loss Products You Already Own
    TeamJacobsCoach

Answer by TeamJacobsCoach at 5:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• thanks ladies!

What are powdered greens or super greens?

I do exercise at least 5 days a week :)

I do a couple of workouts from Beachbody too!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 5:48 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• the powdered greens are a supplemental form of greens, like the ones i mentioned, including seaweed. personally, i am not a seaweed fan, but i believe it is very good for us, so i will consume it in a powdered form. for the most part, i believe we get the most benefit from food when we eat it in its natural state...not in the form of a supplement.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:57 PM on Apr. 22, 2010