Dark ring around neck???

ok, my friend noticed a dark ring around her sister's neck that won't go awaay. She looked it up and it said that it might be an early sign of diabetes. She had a similar ring a while ago, but it went away. Could they both have it? What are other warning signs to watch out for? Could there be another reason for the ring? They are 17 and 15 years old. The 17 year old is overweight, and she found out that overweight people are more likely to get diabetes

AirForceWife14

Asked by AirForceWife14 at 5:15 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Health

• It is a symptom of diabetes. They should take a fasting glucose test at their dr's office.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:16 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I completely agree with thriving mom
    Anonymous

• My sister has the dark ring around her neck, too. She gets it in her armpits and other places where skin touches skin. She has poly cystic ovarian syndrome. I know another girl with PCOS and she has the dark skin as well. She might want to check into it.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 5:25 PM on Apr. 22, 2010