Does anyone have any funny/unique birth stories to share?

OBkenobiNurse

Asked by OBkenobiNurse at 5:19 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• With my first son I was induced a couple days early.I had gone to the hosp for a non-stress test and the results were not great so they decided to keep me and start and induction. I called my husband who was teaching a classful of students at the time. His office secretary pulled him out of class to take the phone call. My voice was very shakey and it did not sound like me. I told him we were going to have a baby today. He said WHO IS THIS? I proceeded to ask him who else was having his baby today. We still get a big laugh when I tell the story.
    Anonymous

• my grandmother called my hospital room...while I was pushing. I didn't answer the phone.
    AirForceWife14

Answer by AirForceWife14 at 5:50 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• My oldest DD was born at home on the couch, I'd felt some contractions but they were little. I took a shower, did my make-up and went to sit on the couch when all of a sudden I needed to push, my grandma called my mom who was there in 2 seconds, called the paramedics and I delivered a baby girl to a room full of neighbors and all of the construction workers next door who were looking in.......I was embarrassed!

My youngest was induced due to strep-b and fast labors, but she fooled us and was not budging, I had an epi but one fist sized spot still felt the pain, and I went from discomfort to imense pain in a matter of minutes, the nurse had just checked me and I was a 5 so when the pain came I just tried to breath through it, but something felt weird, when the pain subsided the nurse comes flying in the room saying something was wrong, she pulled back the sheets and there laid my DD, I did not push once, she birthed herself.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 6:10 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• a close friend of mine was dating a close friend of my husband's and they showed up right after I had the baby and were permitted into the dellivery room. I scooted over on the bead and said you all can sit here but please excuse me for not making more room. I'm not wearing any pants. My husband was mortified.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:49 AM on Apr. 23, 2010