Appropriate costume or not?

My 13 year old son told me yesterday that he wants to be a pimp for halloween. I kind of snickered about it, but my husband (his step father) thinks its completely inappropriate. What do you ladies think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• QUIT FRIGGIN COPYING ME..ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO HALLOWEEN!!! FREAKO!!
    Anonymous

• Wow your calling her the freak
    Anonymous

• Definitely NOT APPROPRIATE!
    Anonymous

• I agree with your DH, my husband is my sons step dad as well and he looked at me when i told him your question and he said "Hell no."
    Peanut_Farley

Answer by Peanut_Farley at 5:39 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Does he know what a pimp is? he might just like all te bright colored clothes of the ones he sees in the movies. Ask him WHY he wants to be that. But if he knows what a pimp is and all that, yes, it is inappropriate. But who knows? Halloween is like 6 months away, he might change his mind
    AirForceWife14

Answer by AirForceWife14 at 5:46 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• When I asked him why he wanted to be a pimp, he said he likes the suit and hat. Im not sure he knows what a pimp really is, or if he'd admit to me if he did, Any ideas on something I could suggest to him as a substitution that would be along the same lines, costume wise?

I can see why it would be inappropriate, and whether he understands or not, the perception is still there.

As far as the first answer...maybe I missed something, as I didnt see any post that I was supposedly copying. And yes, Halloween is still months away, but how does that stop my child from debating costumes now. Grow up.
    Anonymous

• It's a costume. PUH-LEEZE. My 19yo went as a pimp when he was 14. It wasn't an issue.
    Anonymous

• my nephew went as a pimp one year... but it was the cheezzy silly kind.. He wore a big fro. big ballin' chain, bright colored clothes.. and walked around with that pimp limp.. it was funny... nothing about sexin' up them hoes' or anything... he has a big personality :-) Nothing about degrading woman..
    More or less, he was making fun of "pimps" if anything... not making them look glorious.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:15 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• It is April . Maybe by October he'll change his mind. He also may have just wanted to get a reaction like a lot of teens do when talking to parents.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:04 PM on Apr. 23, 2010