I would like to hear from Christians about what their church does to preserve the earth.

Does your church recycle? or anything else?

I know pagans are into protecting the earth I am asking Christians if their church does anything

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Christians don't want to preserve the earth, they just want to dominate the thoughts of all those on the earth!!

Anonymous

•   The Catholic Church says that to love God above all things is to love and appreciate the gifts God has given us.  We also have a responsibility to conserve natural resources so there is more available for everyone, especially the poor. 

There is a growing awareness that world peace is threatened not only by the arms race, regional conflicts, and continued injustice among peoples and nations, but also by a lack of due respect for nature....  Moreover, a new ecological awareness is beginning to emerge which, rather than being downplayed, ought to be encouraged to develop into concrete programs and initiatives."   
    Pope John Paul II

"Our earth speaks to us, and we must listen if we want to survive"

-Pope Benedict XVI, July 24, 2007

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:46 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Yahweh is going to destroy the earth before he makes everything new. Why preserve this dying and sinful world? Here is the scripture: Isaiah 24:1-23. Anyone who tries to save this dark and dying planet is doing it in vain. This planet is dead that is why we are to save as many people as possible. But as I have said before Yahweh is making a New heavens and New earth! I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure I am a part of it. Here is scripture for it as well: Isaiah 65; 66; and Revelations 21 Blessings..

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 5:57 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

THANK YOU so much for lumping us all together, hope you like it when people do that to you!

At our church we recycle and reuse EVERYTHING.....we also ask for donations from church members such as: drink bottles, 2 liter bottles, empty paper towel rolls, etc...we use them for Bible school, Sunday Schools...and everything in between! LOL

We also use real plates during church socials to save paper plates and such.

I feel like we do a good job ;)
    Anonymous

• Anon 5:41. No one likes generalizations. Have you met all Christians, then dont treat us all the same. We have a recycling station at our church.

And although we know that the Earth is not our final home, it is OURS now, God gave it to us to be our home, why wouldnt you want to take care of your home. Even if you know it will not always be yours.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:01 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Did the man you call J-sus worry about the planet or the people in it? I ask because we are to do as our teacher has done before us. And no this earth is not our home meaning our home has yet to come with the coming of the Messiah, and after judgement day. Blessings..

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 6:12 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Every church I have ever been to didn't do any thing to preserve the earth.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:35 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I remember recycling at our Catholic School way back in the 70's. I remember turning off lights in the afternoon because the room of filled with sunlight. I remember several homilies about saving protecting the planet. I know many Catholics are so use to the idea it is second nature to us.
    Anonymous

Nice manner of treating a gift from your God, to trash and destroy it. One would think you would cherish something God made and try to keep it looking beautiful which would dictate taking care of it not by making it worse.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:57 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Ditto what KristiS11384 said.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 7:16 PM on Apr. 22, 2010