Twin boys, just over 15 months and still not walking???

I was sure they'd be walking by now (at least by now) because that's when our DD who is 3 now, started walking. They don't seem intrerested because they get around fast just by crawling. It's kinda frustrating....any suggestions? Every chance we get we hold thier hand and try to make them "walk" but they usually go "dead legged" and just hang there lol
Should I be worried about them not walking yet?...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my twins walked very late. my dd took her first steps at 17 mos, her twin was walking by then. don't worry about it at all! just enjoy them at each stage! in a few months they will probably be climbing, running, jumping and into everything!!!!
    so, my late walker is 2 now, and i am pretty sure he will be able to climb the fence before summer is over! we can't keep chairs in the kitchen, b/c he will push them around and climb on everything!!!!
    so honestly, enjoy this time!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:52 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• i wouldn't worry too much some babies start sooner and some later. i know it's frustating when you want them to do things around the time they are suppose too.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:40 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• If they aren't even trying I would call the pediatrician. It's not consider late until after 16 months, so if they have a 16 month check up I'd ask about it then. Also, if they were born early it would be expected for them to be a little behind.
    Anonymous

• OP here....they weren't born behind, we actually had to schedule a c section (I DON"T dialate! lol) to get them out of there! haha They are very intelligent....they try to open locks and they climb EVERYWHERE and on EVERYTHING.
    I just hear the majority of parents saying how thier kids start walking around 12 months and wonder what's going on with them!
    Anonymous

• As long as they are getting around and being interested in their environment I don't think it's something to get too concerned about. You can definitely mention it at the next well baby, but as long as they are otherwise okay the ped may only do a fe w tests and tell you to let him know how they do at the next checkup. DD didn't start walking until after 12 months; I was told walking isn't considered a milestone so unless mobility in general is really delayed it's not a big deal. She's 16 months now, and went from walking to running fairly quickly, but she still crawls from time to time because that's the fastest way for her to move around still.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 5:53 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• OP: thank you for the encouragement !!!
    Anonymous