does it make you a bad mom if...

u don't like the way your 5 year old daughter came out in the school picture...i don't like the way she smiled it's weird...she could smile way better...in the pic she looked scared or something it wasn't they way she smiles regularly...now i don't know if i should buy some or none, any suggerstions..thanks

nicoleNjeanna

Asked by nicoleNjeanna at 5:44 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• how can that make you a bad mom...im a sucker for pics.so i would probably just but the smalllest package just for the memory
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 5:46 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• yeah buy the absolute cheapest/smallest package, because it's her picture for that year! lol even if it's funky...she can be embarassed later in life about it! :)
    Then, go and get her a different picture.
    Anonymous

• Ask for a retake. Depending on your school that might be an option. I'm not planning on buying school pics next year. We'll go to Sears or wherever and get them taken so I can be sure I'm happy with the way they come out before I drop so much cash.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:56 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• that same thing happened for my kids spring pictures my daughter looked really bad her hair was messed up, they did a treasure hunt that day because it was st. patricks day and her shirt did not go with the picture and the pose looked stupid. I took it back, they dont do re takes for spring picture, ugh, pain in the ass school. so i will take her somewhere else to get pictures done for kindergarten. no your not a bad mom.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 6:24 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• lol....

the joys of school pictures. no matter how much we 'prime' them and primp them something's always off. lol

my middle dd's pic she's got this cowlick that pokes up right in the middle of her head. and my oldest forgot to take her hoodie off.

we could have done retakes but why....those are my girls, hoodies and cowlicks and all.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:54 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• just buy the smallest package. Personally, i think most school pics come out crappy, they don't really encourage or wait until the kids are ready, just *snap*
    Anonymous

• That doesn't make you a bad mom. I haven't bought school pictures in 2 years. School pictures are notourious for being horrible. The photographers have to take pics of hundreds of kids all in one day and that don't always wait for the perfect shot. Not a big deal, don't buy the pics and go somewhere else. (JcPenney does an amazing job!!)

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:43 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• lol, no. I NEVER buy the school pictures. I actually take mine to Picture Me portrait studios in wal-mart every year. The one here does a GREAT job, I get multiple poses, they will keep trying the same pic over and over again until it comes out like I like it (doesn't usually take too long though) Then I have a yearly picture, with way more pics for WAY less money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Apr. 24, 2010