what do you recommend?

My husband, me, and our 2 1/2 year old are going to LA California in August, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what to do while we are there. Keeping in mind that we have a toddler. Any comments or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Bamzakarat

Asked by Bamzakarat at 5:57 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Travel

• You can go over to Venice Beach and rent bikes - I'm sure you can get one with a toddler seat on the back. We rode our bikes up to the Santa Monica pier. Then we rode around Santa Monica. The Farmers market is great for lunch.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 6:20 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• When my youngest was 2.5 we spent a lot of time at Venice beach playing in the sand. My older kids loved it as well. We also went to the Getty Museum (the one NOT in Malibu) and did a day at Disney.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:31 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• If you think Disney will be too much for your toddler there's a little known theme park in Buena Park called "Adventure City" that's targeted to toddlers. I agree with Venice beach and there's even a community country club that you can go to with a reservation: http://beachhouse.smgov.net/beachstories/5.html just up in Santa Monica. Griffith park has "Travel town" with train and pony rides.

Have fun :) 

onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 6:58 PM on Apr. 23, 2010