my son has the croup...

i have a humidifier on and i am alternating motrin and tylenol for the fever. is there anything else i can do for him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Poor baby. I just went through this not too long ago with my son and I did the same things your doing, but I also gave him some pedialyte because he had pretty bad diarrhea as well. I hope he feels better real soon
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 6:22 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• he wont drink pedialyte lol. i have been giving him plenty of gatoraide and water though. thank you for answering :)
    Anonymous

• I had two with it not long ago. I kept the humidifier going and kept them hydrated on gatorade. I also let them take several steamy showers during the day and took them outside into the night air when the worst coughing fits came about.
    Anonymous

• i thought the night air makes it worse...he has never had this before (hes 3) so i have no idea what im doing lol. thank you for your help!
    Anonymous

• Have him up on an angle (like a couple of pillows behind him) when he's sleeping, it'll make it easier for him to breathe.
    Anonymous

• With our son the night air thing doesn't work for what ever reason, so we give him sips of ice water. It seems to help. We run the humidifier and put Vicks vapor rub on his feet and then socks.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:29 PM on Apr. 22, 2010