Is it possible to live for God and not let your beliefs influence what you read...

watch, think and how you raise your kids?

In some ways can't your beliefs even influence what you wear and eat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:28 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No. If you live for God then God should be in anythiing and EVERYTHING that you do. You should BREATHE the Holy Spirit. Whatever you do you should ask yourself...Is this pleasing to God? And if in doubt...don't do it!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 6:46 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• No it is not possible and yes I want it that way! Hallelujah! Its called dedication, devotion, and loving my creator. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 7:09 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• If you're really "living" for God or your beliefs, then it would naturally influence your every day life decisions.
    Anonymous

Awesome answer.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 7:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Influence absolutely it will, I read and watch things that interest me so my beliefs play a big part in choices I make. How I raise my kids, yes my beliefs play a big part. I talk to my kids about my beliefs. I don't know how you separate the two. Your beliefs are part of who you are.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:46 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• My faith influences everything I do. Including whatever type of entertainment I choose to partake in. My faith has HUGE weight in how I treat my husband and how I raise my children.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 8:07 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I guess that would depend on how firm your beliefs are. If you are someone like my DH for example. Who remains a "Christian" solely out of fear for his soul, chances are you wouldn't let your beliefs really affect your choices of your life much. On the other hand for someone like me my beliefs are a part of my every day. And DO in some ways affect things like what I teach my children and what I wear... But do they affect what I watch and read? No. I read and watch whatever I find entertaining, although that does in some cases mean it's something spiritually educational, that isn't always the case. I just finished watching Bones Season 4 today - it had NOTHING to do with my beliefs... So it doesn't affect everything... I think it would be hard for someone with a strong faith to separate everything they do from their beliefs though...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:16 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• If your faith is true and strong. Nothing you watch or read will harm that. Show me where it says you can't watch or read things that are different.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 9:00 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Proverbs 4:23-27
    Anonymous

• It it dosen't influence your way of living, your not really living it.
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 7:33 AM on Apr. 27, 2010