Toddler ate a rose petal...

If my toddler ate a rose petal he should be fine right? I'm assuming he should be, just want to be sure. For information's sake they were grown without use of pesticides so that's not an issue. I've just never had the kid eat a flower so I'm just checking. Thanks mamas!

Asked by MamaPyratekk at 9:01 AM on Jun. 27, 2008 in General Parenting

• I have gone to a mother daughter banquet with my MIL and her mom. And the them was Roses.... they had a lady who had a shop and she was talking about how rose petals are used for different thing than just growing and smelling them. She said you can use them for cooking and adding them to your teas and you can also put them in your sugar containere and give your sugar a hint of rose. Was very interesting. He will be fine.

Answer by AmberRose79 at 9:18 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• my son and daghter have both eaten rose petals, darn kids used to eat anything that didn't bite them first! Your son should be fine. If he seems to have any reaaction, just take him to the dr. Other then that the only plant I know for certain that is dangerous is a poinsettia! Hope that helps

Answer by ms_mommy_sue at 9:03 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Yeah he'll be fine...I've seen recipes that call for flower pedals assuming they were NOT sprayed with chemicals etc.

You stated that was not an I believe he's fine.

Answer by SAHMinIL at 9:04 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Thanks ladies!

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 9:33 AM on Jun. 27, 2008