spin off Disney questions *Christians*

I know AOG boycotted Disney for various reasons. Do any of the Christians on CM boycott Disney? If so, will you tell me why?

please post anon if you want and avoid trolls wanting to point out if you are wrong.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I dont ... boycotting has little power... there is more power in prayer.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:40 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I don't. Even if I agreed with the said boycott-ers I am sure that a few thousand people boycotting Disney is going to have little impact on a company that has millions or billions of fans world wide.
    Anonymous

• http://www.religioustolerance.org/disney1.htm

It amazes me what people waste there time on.. I have many friends that LOVE Disneyland... its a place of joy and laughter and love !  We look for the good  not the bad and concentrate on that. 

Yes theres witches and gargoyals and stuff like that but we don't focus on that part but on the message of the film. I almost always ask God to show me what He wants me to learn from a film Disney or not.

I go to Disneyland to have fun not to worry myself with the other stuff.

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:47 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• what is bad about disney?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:54 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I think she means there are characters that aren't christian-like.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 6:59 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• there are people that arent "christian-like" in real life..get over it. they are movies and its called fantasy. You can't eliminate the non-christians from the world can you..no. Why do you want to take bad characters out of movies to make your kids think life will be peachy. Its not, the sooner they realize that the better they will be.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:07 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• No we don't boycott it at all.

I do as a mom of a little toddler girl tend to choose "character items" with cartoon characters with more clothes on than a lot of the Disney princesses though.

It's not religiously directed so much as I'm just a mom that doesn't want my little girl to worry about dressing sexy or attractive yet.
    Anonymous

AMEN and AMEN!!! This said it all for me!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:32 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I was raised in a VERY Strict Jehovah's Witness household. They boycott just about everything they can... But we always watched Disney movies & the Disney Channel... Not to mention ABC and all the other stuff they own...

I can understand some of the reasons behind why people dislike Disney and why people disliked Walt Disney the man as well. It's widely known that he was very much a "white supremacist" type and that he was just not a very nice man all together off set... But Disney is awesome in my mind. Even though I'm not so fond of some of the newer stuff, the pre-1999 stuff was awesome... Also, I have never seen much reason in boycotting an entire company - if you don't like a movie, don't watch it, but to boycott an entire genre just because it's all the same company never made much sense to me.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:04 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• No it's a free country with free will if you don't like that move. Disney is great. However in most of them if you look hard enough you will find adult humour. This is so we adults don't get so bored watching them > not that I would I love Disney but my dh would. I also heard it said because of how many of the young teenage actors act as they get older it is bad influence, however if you raise your kids well enough it wont matter.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 8:57 PM on Apr. 22, 2010