Do you give your child's teacher an end-of-year-thank-you gift? AND if you do what kind of gift is appropriate?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• I am a teacher and being appreciated is nice! ;)

Any of those gifts are wonderful! If you are looking to spend a bit more...a nice card to eat out with is great...like to Chili's or Applebees...or somewhere.

But honestly, when a teacher knows a parent realizes how much time and effort they put into their child, it doesnt matter what the gift is. Just that they are loved ;)

mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:38 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• i was thinking the same thing earlier. idk what to get either.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:52 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Same here I was thinking to give her something but then I'd have to give gifts to the assistants, the PE teacher, Music teacher, etc.
    Anonymous

• flowers, or a mug
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 6:55 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I am thinking about it. I have a candle business, so I am probably going to give her a candle!
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 6:55 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I always appreciated a $5 gift card at starbucks. It says they (parents) were thinking of you.
    I ESPECIALLY loved a thank you list written by one of my students. His mom was our Literacy Coach. He wrote "Thank you for dressing nice (LOL) Thank you for being organized !" DIdn't know he noticed!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 6:57 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• fruit basket, flowers, a mug full of candies...
    You could get a beach towel and some sun tan lotion as well as some water baloons and wrap it in a ribbon with a cute tag that says something like "thanks for being a great teacher! Have a wonderful summer! xoxoxo" You could also include a gift card to a bookstore or something or do that with another gift like the mug of candies!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 6:59 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I will definitely be giving my son's teacher an end of the year thank you gift. I will be giving her a cloth basket with her name embroidered on it. It will be filled with paper, a stapler, staples, tape, glue, Popsicle sticks, markers, crayons, etc. The reason for this is because my son has used more than his fair share of the supplies. I will also include a few new books, some flowers, and a gift card. His teacher has done such an amazing job. I wish I could afford to give her more.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:01 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• We have always given the room mom money at the beginig of the school year. It paid for holiday gift, birthday gift, parties, and an end of the year gift. I think we give $50 / family every year.
    Anonymous