Are babies more or less active when your in labor?

Just wondering because my baby (girl) is super active still but im having regular contractions. Dose this mean labor is still a little ways off or will she just be kicking her way out? Lol. Oh and she is still very high up and im 2cm.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think they normally slow their movment but if you have had an active pregnancy and your baby has always been active, i would aay she might come out kicking. I cant remember if mine were active or not when i was in labor. But i am contracting every two mins and my baby is crazy active also so im interested in what everyone says too.
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 7:32 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I too would like to know.This is my first pregnancy and my baby is very active(:
    Jelly_Belly

Answer by Jelly_Belly at 7:37 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• My first dd wasn't that active (not that I remember). Now my three week old was very very very active, you could watch her kicking on the contraction monitor.
    tanya_marieh

Answer by tanya_marieh at 7:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• my son was active all the way to being delivered they can be less active yet be really active when your in labor
    Anonymous

• My dd stopped moving days before I went into labor. I started worrying about her, but my ob said that was the norm. She said babies usually stop moving days before labor begins.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 7:52 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• i specifically remember my niece coming in while i was in labor, i was 7 cm dilated and had been contracting all night due to induction, and she put her face to my stomach and the baby kicked her right in the face. he moved alright, just not quite as much during the actualy contractions
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 9:39 PM on Apr. 22, 2010