As a parent, do you consciously make an effort to use teachable moments with your kids on serious issues?

Just wondered if other did this.

For instance today Dr Phil had a muslim family on talking about how their children were bullied.

I brought my son 6.5 in and talked with him about how she looked different in her veil but how we shouldnt ever make fun of anyone for looking or acting different.

I do this regularly, with subjects ranging from bulling to drugs...basically anything.

I want to help him grow into a respectful helpful man.

What do you think about this approach?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• what's he doing the rest of the time while your watching dr phil and eating your bon bons?
    Anonymous

• geeeeee...be a witch huh.....on your period????

Anonymous

• Her son is 6.5 what is she suppose to do rock him in the rocking chair all day? The first post was uncalled for and ridiculous. Yes, I do this with my two. I think the earlier to talk to them about things, the better off they will be! Good job mom!
    Anonymous

• Mine play with matches anon at 7:49. What do yours do while your being a *itch on CM, pick their nose?
    Anonymous

• Good for you? My kids are still in the "don't spit on your sister" phase. and the "don't poop in your pants" phase.
    Anonymous

• i do sometimes, but sometimes, i miss the moments. i try but i dont stress over it.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:25 PM on Apr. 22, 2010