is it normal to want my child back after giving him up for adoption?

i thought i could handle this but everyday gets harder for me,all i do is cry i miss him so much

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Very normal hun, after all you gave a part of yourself. I wish I had some really good words of wisdom, but time will heal your wound. hugs to you from me!

Answer by older at 7:56 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• It's very normal. You gave up a part of yourself (literally). It'll get better in time. Do you have an open adoption?
    Anonymous

• I would say it's normal yes! I'm so sorry for this. Maybe you can talk to the adoption agency and see if there is anything you can do to have contact with him.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:01 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Purpul- How kind of you. I'm sorry, but you should feel like shit because you were just really mean to a stranger. Imagine how she's gonna feel when she reads that.
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 8:59 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• well im sorry saya but i really have no sympathy for women who give up there children in MOST situations. she has time and money to be chatting on cafemom but didnt have the time or money to raise her child. why is she even on cafemom? cafemom is for MOTHERS and IMO in order to be a mother, u need to raise ur child and not give them away to strangers.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:29 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• purpul it's also supposed to be a place to come for HELP not a place to be attacked. You need to find another way to deal with your anger than direct it at complete strangers whose lives you know NOTHING ABOUT.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 9:38 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• but i feel bad for the kids. not for the mothers who made them in there tummy & then gave them away. i cant help it.

anyway, OP you should try and get him back!!!
    http://www.cafemom.com/answers/406976/if_a_mother_gives_her_child_up_for_adoption_then_regrets_it
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:40 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I would think so. I can only imagine the pain you are going through. I know you must have given the baby up out of love.
    ((Hugg))
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 10:14 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• PURPULbutterfly
    You have no guilt for KILLING a child but your mad that someone gave away a child?
    Anonymous

• anon :52 I was thinking the exact thing. It's okay to kill but not to give to people who want kids? Doh!

OP: it is normal. is this a baby you gave up at birth or afterwards? Either way, you gave up a part of yourself. If you are in a situation where you felt it was the best for the baby, what you did was very selfless and you know in your heart the baby will have a better lfie. Things will get better.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 11:29 PM on Apr. 22, 2010