What do you think about abortion for medical reasons?

Such as the monther's life is in danger.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yeah...obviously.
    Anonymous

• I am a pro-lifer, but if the mom's life is in danger, i think it is ok in that situation.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:11 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I agree with lowencope. I am also Pro-Life but if the mother's life is at risk, especially if she has other children already, I wouldn't be against it.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 8:14 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I can look away in that case.The only time I have a problem with abortion is when it's being used as birth control. Birth control is avaliable before hand.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:15 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I think the decision to have an abortion should be the mother's. I can understand a mother choosing to abort in those circumstances.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:17 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• It's legal for women to have abortions for whatever reasons they want. If people stopped trying to moralize about abortion then it world make it easier for women.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:18 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Less than 1% of all abortions are for a true medical reason, all others are for convenience. If we only permitted abortions for a true medical emergency such as an actual risk to the mother's life, abortions would be practically nonexistent. I do know of a case where the baby had a severe infection & it was spreading to the mother. She was in critical condition & the baby was already near death when she & her husband gave in & agreed to her having the abortion to save her life.

People will never stop making abortion a question of morality... Abortion is a moral issue, you can't get away from that, & trying to pretend that it isn't doesn't change that.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 8:35 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• im pro-choice and i think early abortions for whatever the mothers reasons are, is okay with me.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:46 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• It really depends..
    I had a friend who had twins, they had twin-to-twin transfusion & were high risk. She also had a medical complication (cant remember what they called it, but something about her placenta being placed wrong or something?)

Her dr.s talked to her about terminating the pregnancy. her parents even agreed to it (there is only 1 of you, but you can have other babies later)... Her & DH are very faithful people & decided against the abortion..

Her twins are now 3 years old. Healthy. Smart. Amazing kids... and she is healthy as well...
    Anonymous

• I think when a mother's life is on the line then it's a choice for mothers and fathers to make together within the full context of their belief system, and with as much medical info as they can gather.

Like PP said, statistically speaking, this is a pretty rare event...and I'm very against it being used as a birth control method.
    Anonymous