why did you choose not to breastfeed?

i wanted to breastfeed, but i was staying with my mom and family my little brother (13) and sister (16) always had friends and such over... i just felt uncomfertable (spellcheck lol) i felt like i had to seclude myself and it was hard to get away from everyone all the time, i am self contious about my body expecially my breasts, i also feel as if my breasts are sexual and i just felt weird. i really wish i didnt feel akward twards it because i am pregnant again and wish to bf i just dunno if i can do it and feel comfertable doing it........ why did you NOT bf?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My nipple piercings hurt less then breastfeeding....
    Anonymous

• I didn't choose, my body chose for me. After many weeks with a nurse coming in every day i just wasn't producing enough milk.
    This pregnancy I really hope it works out! I was really, really depressed for awhile, but there was absolutely NOTHING i could do.
    Anonymous

• Comfortable. I didn't because I was uneducated. I thought that once you get pregnant and your breast start growing and leaking its because there is milk in there. So, when my son was born I did get to feed him for 2 or 3 days because of colostrum (I think that's what its called) then after that was gone nothing was coming out. So, I dint have anyone to talk to so I gave him formula. Come to fine out 2 weeks later is when my milk came in. Once again I didn't educate myself and figured it was to late. Now I know.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 8:27 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• with my 1st she was tongue tied. it was very stressful trying to get her to latch on so I went with a non-stressful tactic, pumping and formula. my second i bf for about 2 weeks. I was just overwhelmed and needed df to help with feedings. this one i hope to bf for awhile
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:28 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• It's now wierd to breastfeed! That's what they are for, not for sex. I think women should be ashamed to bottle feed.

It would be great if you could attend some La Leche League Meetings before the baby was born. After the baby is born don't give into the temptation to bottle feed, that is how most women screw up breastfeeding. You can practice in front of a mirror. You can breastfeed without showing a thing.

One of the things formula companies do is use pictures of women breastfeeding that exposes everything. They do this on purpose to make it look like they are saying breast is best but what they are doing is planned to make women not breastfeed. If you watch, they never show women nursing with nothing showing. What you do is pull your shirt up from the bottom. How hard is that?

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:30 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I tried for the week we were in the hospital. It was very stressful and the babies lost too much weight so I decided to take one element of stress off my plate and formula feed. Best decision I ever made!
    As long as your baby gets the nutrition that he/she/they need, it doesn't really matter in my opinion whether that comes from breast milk or formula. It's also a personal decision. You have to do what works best for you and your family.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 8:31 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I Didnt actually breast feed, from the breast...with both of mine i bottle fed from the beginning i pump!! That way i dont have to worry about nipple confusion, SO can help with all feedings! I dont have to worry about weaning! It just works out..you can still give your baby breast milk without having to put baby to the breast!!! IDK if you would want to do that but if you wanna talk about that you can PM me...
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:33 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I did breast feed both of my boys for about 3 months each. I stopped because I didn't produce enough milk, but also I didn't like it. I felt teathered to the baby and I wanted the freedom to leave the baby with my mom or MIL if I wanted to go out to dinner with my husband and not have to worry about pumping on time or feeding the baby for an hour before we can leave, etc.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• with my 1st i didnt because i was grossed out by the thought of a baby sucking milk out my nipples, years later with my 2nd i decided to give it a try after i learned all the benefits but it lasted 2 days. the baby latched on good and easy but his sucking was so hard my nipples started bleeding and scabbing and it felt like fire was leaking out. the pain was worse then when i got them pierced! it felt like when someone gives u a hicky really hard and it hurts, only worse.
    nmgirl87

Answer by nmgirl87 at 9:05 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Because I was young, stressed, and I felt uncomfortable about doing it. My DS had to stay in the NICU for several weeks because he was about 8 weeks premie, and because he came so early he had no sucking ability so he had to be fed through a tube. They encouraged me to pump which I did for the first few weeks, but I was only 17 and alone 300 miles away from my home town and I just could not handle the stress of trying to get a premie to breastfeed so I decided to use the bottle when he finally go this sucking ability. Even trying to get him to take the bottle the first few weeks was pretty difficult. My mother formula fed me and my siblings so i figured it wasnt that big of deal.
    Anonymous