a lady asked me to watch her 2 kids

2 yrs old and 5 yrs old.... at my house i would feed and such m-f 8 am to 5 pm for $100 a week... is that good?

joycegina

Asked by joycegina at 8:24 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Good for her, not for you. That's a total rip off.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:01 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• if you are not licensed and CPR certified, I would say yes...
    Anonymous

• i would ask for more like $300
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 8:28 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I couldnt afford to feed kids and keep them full time for that price, but if your helping a mom out and thats fair for you, then go for it...if its just extra money and the kids are good cool! Other wise I would say she needs to provide food atleast!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:30 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• my friend gets $4 an hour for each child she babysits. this does not include food. If she is not providing and bringing the food for you to feed them then she should be giving you a weekly allowance for food on top of your salary.
    Anonymous

• Thats how much I charge. But I also know it cost alot to feed the kids (especially if you have your own there too). I'd tell the mom that she can either provide lunches (or whatever meals) to you and that food will only be used for her kids. Or pay you an extra $50 and that money would cover all the food for the week. It gives her a choice, and saves you the money.
    Apple_Pie2010

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 8:31 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• You could ask for so much more. I watched a 3 year old m-f 8-5 and charged them 70 bucks a week. I mean I wasnt doing anything different. They were a play mate for my child and they kept themselves pretty occupied. I dont see any sense of making people pay hundreds of dollars extra, cause im not really doing anything extra ya know???

Anyways 100 bucks does seem low for 2 children.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 8:32 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• If youre not licensed and are just doing it as a favor and to make a little money for you then I would say yes. It is a little on the low side but then again you arent a licensed provider that gets inspected and has to go through the hoops to be one like get insurance and stuff like that.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 8:35 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I would have her bring their food. I pay 80 a week for 3 days with a licensed lady and I bring his food. 100 is more than fair.
    Anonymous