Ever heard of a judge doing this? (custody/visitation)

My hubby has weekend visits with his kids, It starts Fri.at 6pm to Sun. at 6pm. She has someone to drive the kids the 2 hours to our city on Fri, and Hubby drives the kids back the 2 hours to her city. Now we find out she has a problem with the person who drops the kids off (though she has had 8 people do it) and she doesn't have a license due to blackouts and seizures. The judge agreed with his ex that she can drop them off Sat. morn., taking 16 hours away from his visit. Judge (female) said she didn't care about my hubby's rights. When it was hubby's turn to talk, he started to say "I know you don't care about my rights" the judge interrupted him, the deputy got in his face and he was told to stop interrupting. Hubby says, " I was in the middle of a sentence." The judge said, " when I talk you shut up. I am not here to enforce your father's rights. I do not care about your rights"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• wow I would have your hubby file an appeal to return to visitation how it was on the basis that there was no sufficient reason to change it & that the children have been visiting their father with the old schedule for ___ years. normally as long as the children go with a person who is legal to drive & no criminal record judges don't care how they get back & forth but dad would have to arrange it. this site may help-
    fatherhood.about.com/od/fathersrights/Fathers_Rights.htm
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 9:22 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Wow I would get the court records and file a complaint against the judge
    Anonymous

• OMG that's crazy! idk what to tell you but i'm really sorry. that's just terrible
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 9:06 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• OP here: I told him to get the transcripts, I was there and I was shocked. This is a new judge, the other one he had retired, just when they were starting to believe my husband that his ex is a liar and is crazy. Who would he complain to? The state? county?
    Anonymous

• OP again< I just don't understand how they can treat a father who is concerned about his children like this. Isn't the judge there to ensure both parents rights?
    Anonymous

• There has to be some way to file a complaint what type of court was it?
    Anonymous

• He shouldn't have started with " I know you don't care about my rights." Maybe she would have been more caring if he hadn't have popped that off.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 9:12 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• It really shouldn't matter that he said that judges are supposed to go by the law not what the feel
    Anonymous

• OP HERE: The children have a lawyer, and he told him he shouldn't have said that, but he was just repeating what she had said a couple of minutes before. He is upset about getting his time cut down and he didn't do anything wrong. But whenever his ex has a problem, he has to do whatever she wants, his schedule doesn't matter, only hers. It was a county court in bumf** middle of nowhere. I don't think it helps his case that he is a black man either. Whenever a black man shows any emotion, they are automatically seen as angry in a court.
    Anonymous

• New lawyer, new hearing, new judge. That's BS.
    Anonymous