Is there any ways to prolong pregnancy?

By the way my pregnancy is going, my doctor thinks I might have the baby at 28 weeks.. I dont want to have my baby that early so I was wondering if there is anything I can do to prolong it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• bed rest, stay off your feet, but im sure the doctors have told you this already?i hope you can keep your lil one in for longer than that:( good luck
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 9:15 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Don't get out of bed!!! Except to pee!! I hope you make in longer!!
    shamillionaire

Answer by shamillionaire at 9:21 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I had a set of twins, and to prevent premature labor (as much as you possibly can)....don't have sex, drink LOTS of water and empty your bladder often, don't sweep, mop or vacume as it uses stomach muscles. Get lots of rest and don't drink caffine, coffee, or tea.
    Basically, be a slug :) If it means the health and well being of your baby, do what you can. I'm not an expert, so look up premature labor online and see what ways you can prevent it from happening.
    Check in with your doctor often and you should be referred to a specialist to even more closely, monitor your baby.
    Good luck and I hope everything works out for the best for you and baby! xoxo
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 9:23 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• OP... thank you ladies, I hope I can keep her in there longer then that too. This is my first baby and I want her to be as healthy as possible!
    Anonymous

• OP... thanks for the advide Sandypops, I will absolutely try those things!
    Anonymous

• Drink lots of ice water to keep contractions at bay. Put your feet up every chance you get. Stay off your feet as much as possible. Stay away from herbs and green tea. No sex. And listen to sandypops.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:27 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• My dr thought I would have my 3rd baby early. I tend to go early plus I had already had 2 c-section. But my dr was wrong. I had my baby at 38 weeks.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:29 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• how far along are you? my doc saw that my cervix was getting shorter and she put a stitch around it to keep it closed until the baby came, its called a cerclage and helps keep the cervix closed until labor starts otherwise, and then it is removed a couple weeks before your due date. but the downside is it cant be done safely after 20 weeks! if you are past that then stay in your bed! bed rest sucks but you gotta do it for the health of the baby!! along with no sex i would stay away from masturbating, which can cause contractions, and any nipple stimulation bc even though its rare it can cause contractions too, dont drink caffiene, drink lots of water, relax.
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 9:38 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• OP... I am 24 weeks along, I have an ultrasound scheduled for tomorow, they are going to check things out. Thanks so much for your answers.
    Anonymous

• Check with your doctor, because I'm pretty clueless about this, but my sister had some medication of sorts to stop the contractions when she was having a pre-term labor.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:30 PM on Apr. 22, 2010