feeling hurt and disappointed. im almost 9 months pregnant. my boyfriend has not been supportive throughout the pregnancy. everytime we talk on the phone he accuses me of hanging up and gets angry no reason. he accuses me of cheating. and then always 3 days or so later he calls or texts me back.

im a senior in college majoring in political science. i will complete with my bachelors in about 2 semesters. i have an associate of arts degree as well in mass communications. i worked up until the 8 month of pregnancy which i stopped working last week. and i paid for and planned for my baby shower with the help of my mother. i have worked and saved enough money so i can stay home with my son when he is born for about 3 months. im good woman, he just not appreciate me nor respect me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Wow you are a responsible young woman!!!Which will all be a plus if you have to do this alone, so many women can't take care of their ownselves, much less providing for a child as well, so they stay with the wrong guy, for the wrong reasons. Time will tell if he just scared about the whole fatherhood thing, or whethers he just playing the ole guilty conscious, putting it off on you, so as to distract from what he's up to game, & if that it WILL come out soon enough. Take good care of you as you have been doing. In my opinion & I don't even know u, it sounds like u r to good for him. Best wishes
    Anonymous

• My advice... If you plan on keeping the baby... get rid of the boyfriend. If he isnt on board by now he never will be.
    Anonymous

• I don't understand why the two of choose to have a baby. You aren't committed to each other and have no plan for parenting this child as a team.

I strongly recommend couples counseling; if he won't go, then go alone.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:41 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Sweetheart, I don't think this is likely to get much better. While it pains me to say that, I think you need to prepare yourself for the fact that this guy is not going to make a real good daddy. I am glad that you have planned ahead, and I hope that you can count on your mother for continued support because you are going to need a lot of it. It's not too late to consider putting your baby up for adoption, though that would be hard to do. I know many infertile couples who would love to have your baby or one like it to raise as their very own. Raising children is very hard when there are two parents involved. So if you decide to keep your baby, finishing school will be difficult. I did it with my husband's help and it was still very, very hard to do. It's very hard to find the time to study and care for an infant. If you will need to work, too, that will add more stress. I wish I had some magic for you to work on the dad!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:43 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Lose this guy.......it sounds like you have alot going for you with your education. Your baby deserves a daddy who will be there all the time, not just when he feels like it. Finish your degree, hopefully mom will help take care of the baby until you're on your feet. Put your baby first, I'm sure somewhere down the line you'll meet someone special who will love you and not play these games.
    Anonymous

• I think it is always really difficult to expect any consideration or respect from a boyfriend with no commitment. It is often even hard to get help or consideration from a husband.....I am sorry you are in this situation but it looks like you are on your own with this. He is not legally liable for anything and it seems he doesn't want the responsibility. How old are you two? He sounds very immature.
    Anonymous

• wprk hard and lose the guy you and the baby will be much better off without him...he sounds like the father of my daughter....the only difference is that the father of my baby started all the crap towards me after i had the baby and now he doesnt get the point that i dont want him around in my life i love the fact that he wants to be in my daughters life i just dont want to be in a relationship with him and he doesnt understand that but it sounds like you are better off with out him and that you and the baby will be just fine without him it sounds like your mom will be there to support you......good luck hun :)
    Anonymous