Ovulation strips

I order some ovulation strips off of babyhopes.com and I have never use them before. I just started my period and it's usually last for about 6 days, I was wonder how many days after my period should I use the strip. A friend of mind who has use these told me to start using the strips 12 days after you period and with charting and checking your temp the strips will help out alot. So have you use the any kind of strips or kits along with charting and checking out your temp did it work out of you and when did you start.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Depends on your cycle. You should ovulate 11-16 days before the start of your period. If your periods are regular, then start testing about 20 days before you expect your next period. Which means if your cycle is 28 days, then start testing on day 8 (day 1 being the first day of your period); if it's 35 days, then start testing on day 15; etc. If your cycles are irregular, then I would go by your shortest cycle and then keep testing until you ovulate (so if your shortest cycles was 25 days, start testing on day 5 and continue until you ovulate).
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:55 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• never could get the strips to pick up anything and its expensive and irritating to do it everyday. i didnt chart either, bc i already knew i was somewhat fertile, so i registered at one of those ovulation calendar sites, and it gave me a calendar that showed when i should ovulate based on the info i gave them. i think charting will make you go crazy, ttc is already stressful enough. within 2 months i was preggo and dh and i had been free of birthcontrol for a whole year before that. but since u have the strips on the way i would plug the dates of the last period into a ov calendar and then start using the strips about 2 days before they calendar says ov is coming just to be sure, and then have sex when you get the results your looking for, but dont over do it bc sperm needs time to regenerate in a man, so maybe once every OTHER day for that whole week (before and after ovulation). thats how i did it
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 9:45 PM on Apr. 22, 2010