Am I a bad mother for letting my baby listen to metal?

it's not like he hates it- he loves it, anything metalish... I mean All That Remains just put him to sleep.

the reason I ask is the look my mother gave me the other day when she found out what he listens to.

it's not like I blast the stuff.

Kalebs_mommy23

Asked by Kalebs_mommy23 at 9:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• hell no your not!! me and my SO are both metal heads and play metal/hardcore etc around our son. hes been listening to all that remains since he was in my belly!! haha.
    but, when i do play some softer music for him also, especially when hes tired and im putting him to sleep cuz i think he does like that too.
    if were in the car, and hes sleeping, i dont like to play metal though.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:51 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• kind of like the vacume...it's loud noise/vibrations. I dont' think you should, but that's only my opinion. It doesn't make you a bad mom...but if he likes it when he's older he'll listen to it...
    Anonymous

• My son listens to gansta rap. he loves the beat.
    Anonymous

• cowgirlAm i a bad mom because mine has been listenning to country since he was in my womb? and he likes it too. kids usually listen to what their parents prefer anyway

BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 9:48 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• my kids prefer music that i listen to, rock, metal, hip hop, country...my 7 year old son thinks pink floyd is the greatest band ever. they dont care much for those kid songs, even my 2 yr rather listen to the radio over her kiddie music...it doesnt make you a bad mom...
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 9:48 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• all my daughter listens to is country...or hannah montana..lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 9:51 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• NO! My baby girls are head bangin girls.Sure we listen to all kinds of music,but metal is what makes them pass out also :)
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:12 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• My daughter listens to a local station that plays 80's hair band type metal. Her radio has a timer so it in on for an hour then it turns off. I never thought much of it, it's the same stuff I grew up with and it's kind of fun to like the same music. The other day I cuddled up in bed with her and was shocked to find they play all kinds of "adult" commercials for male enhancement products and lubes. I'm non prude. She knows about sex and condoms, but I didn't now there was this kind of content on at night. LOL

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:24 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• My oldest was listening and moving around to System of the Down at 3 months. My youngest dances to Finger Eleven. My oldest says his favorite song is Jeffery Dahmer and the Chocolate Factory by Macabre. My middle one would calm down while listening to Nightwish. Every parent listens to different music and that is the kind of music their kids listen to when they are young. You are not a bad mother for this.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 11:48 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• My 8 year old loves AC/DC! He's been listening to metal since he was born! He had good taste.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:46 AM on Apr. 23, 2010