Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 7.5 year old son ate one dried lima bean today. I bought a bag of lima beans and he "just wanted to see how they taste uncooked'. After he told me his throat itches him. I gave him benadryl and he went to bed. I did some research online and all the websites have warning about not eating raw lima beans because they are very toxic. Should I worry about it? He also has a nut allergy, eats soy and green beans. Thanks for your time!

Answer Question
 
jolantam1

Asked by jolantam1 at 10:02 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Kids' Health

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • I THINK YOU SHOULD TAKE HIM TO THE DOCTOR IF HE DOESNT FEEL BETTER WHEN HE WAKES UP!
    yamil519

    Answer by yamil519 at 10:06 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

  • Call poison control.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

  • what kinda bendryl did you give him?
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

  • yeah call poison control they are good with their information
    lhernandez7208

    Answer by lhernandez7208 at 10:16 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

  • Call the ER, Nurse Hotline for your insurance or poision control and ask them, we are NOT doctors and can't help you. He could have just irritated his throat or he could be having an allergic reaction but you won't know until you take him to a professional.
    tyfry7496

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:59 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN