i'm skinny and wanna gain weight......

i thought after i had my baby i would have kept some of my pregnancy weight, but i lost all of it and more. i've been skinny basically my whole life and i hate it, how can i gain weight?

HisAnointed08

Asked by HisAnointed08 at 7:25 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• first of all, just so you know, all that baby weight you lost....i found it!...but seriously, drink lots of the high calorie protein shakes pro athetes use or drinks like ensure...they are nutritionally balanced but give you lots of calories...adding a shake in the mornings and one as a snack later on should help you gain a pound a week or so, which is healthy..just find what you like the taste of cause some are nasty
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 7:40 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• My friend Nathan was always really really thin... he couldn't put on weight till he started lifting weights. He also added in massive ammounts of protein to his diet. If I were you I would talk to your doctor though, not only will they give you a complete physical (including bloodwork), but I'm sure they can recommend a higher calorie but healthy nutrition plan.
    templeghost

Answer by templeghost at 7:28 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Remember, losing weight is about burning off more calories than you intake. So, gaining weight is about NOT burning off more calories than you intake. I would make sure you're eating healthy and slowly up your caloric intake. First start out eating 100 extra calories per day. Give yourself about a week and a half to two weeks and see if you're making any progress. If not, up it to 200 extra calories.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 7:34 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• protein!
    NoUdderMilk

Answer by NoUdderMilk at 8:23 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• boost calories, but keep it healthy so it doesnt tourn to fat
    jlbtnc

Answer by jlbtnc at 9:05 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• if it were me then i would boost calories and do some weight training. also, try talking with a nutritionist.
    Jesssends

Answer by Jesssends at 9:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Try BodyFX shakes. It's available through www.firstfitness.com/2bethin . It's listed as part of a weight loss program, but it's purpose is to encourage muscle mass, which is important when someone is trying to shed pounds. However, I added it to my granddaughters diet at three years old to put weight on her and even her Dr was impressed with the results! The protiens in it are all natural and easily absorbed and it really works. It's important that you put on HEALTHY weight and not just fat.
    SuperNonnie

Answer by SuperNonnie at 10:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• HAHA Good luck with this one I have never gone over 95 except when preggo no matter what I tried. I wont put those nasty chemical shakes into my body though so maybe they would work.
    notyourmommy76

Answer by notyourmommy76 at 2:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2008