What do you like and dislike about the child care center your child(ren) attend?

danielle8717

Asked by danielle8717 at 10:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• I like just about everything about it. He loves going and is well cared for. He's engaged in activities and gets to play with other kids all day.

The only thing I wish they wouldn't do is give him a jelly bean for peeing and a lolly pop for pooping while potty training. I know if I askedthey give him something else, but I don't think a 2 year old would understand why everyone else got one but him.  But they have been a huge help in potty training. No pull ups or diapers at school at all. My friends' kids took much longer to potty train because other day cares make them wear diapers until they are fully trained.

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 10:49 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• DD is in school now so she doesnt go there anymore but the place where she was, it was fabulous. there were 3 seperate buildings for the babies, potty trainers, and 4 and up kids. all staff members were accredited and most had more than 5 years experience. everything was clean, they provided all meals (except for formula). babies got to play mostly (with toys and outside), potty training class was for 2 and up, but if they were already starting to train they could go sooner if there was room, but the 4 yr olds class impressed me most, she learned so much. they did letters, numbers, shapes, art, spanish, phonics lessons, plays and concerts twice a year, the also held end of the year cook-outs for the family and graduations. before pre-k she was able to recognize and sound out all the letters and numbers (even with her eyes closed with foam letters) and she spoke several spanish phrases, and it all helped her be a great reader
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 10:54 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I hated when my kids were in day care because they would steel all the diapers I sent and tell me I didn't send any. Even though i knew i did. I would fill the diaper bag even because they'd tell me I didn't send enough. My kid would end up coming home in a cheapo diaper while they were stalking up on our name brand ones!
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 11:02 PM on Apr. 22, 2010