Walker or Exersaucer?

I'm very confused. are these products one in the same?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had both for all three of my kids. The Exersaucer just doesn't mean, which is actually very convienent for mommy, and usually has a lot more entertainment on it. I'd pick the exersaucer over the walker any day!
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 10:44 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• LOL.. Just doesnt MOVE I meant to type.
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 10:45 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Some say not walkers because kids can scoot down stairs and it's dangerous. Others say no saucers because it ruins baby's hips. I used walkers and I like them. The last walker I had was convertible so you could make it stay in place if you wanted to.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:45 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• No they are different. The exersaucer is stationary for one thing. I had a jumperoo (4 months to 9 months), which I loved for entertaining him, and he loved to bounce bounce bounce! We also have a walker (8 months to now 10 months), which he likes now because he can move around.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 10:46 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• No, not the same. The walker lets baby move around, the ones nowadays usually have a couple of toys on the little tray, but mostly it's for moving around. The Exersaucer stays in one place and has toys all around it to keep baby occupied, and they even have a little bounce to them if baby wants to get active and start jumping a bit (not like a Jumperoo, just a little give). I also prefer the exersaucer.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:47 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• If you have wood floors a walker if not get an exersaucer. I like walker better but it was just fun to see my baby shoot from room to room.She also started walking at 8 1/2 months.So she only used the walker for about 3 months
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:47 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• A walker has wheels and will allow the child to move all around the house but an exersaucer stays where you put it. The child can bounce and move to play with the toys around them in an exersaucer. There are also those bouncer things, it has toys like the exersaucer has that the child can play with and the child can bounce up and down.
    danielle8717

Answer by danielle8717 at 10:47 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• "If you have wood floors a walker if not get an exersaucer."

I have wood floors and I wouldn't use a walker because the wheels could potentially scratch the floor. Since my husband put in our wood floors he is pretty anal about things on the floors. Everything has felt pads underneath or something to protect the floor. We have an exersaucer and it's on a little square blanket to keep it from scratching the floor.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:13 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• we use neither. the babies walk when their muscles are strong enough to support their weight. being in that slightly supported position can put pressure on the spine.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:42 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• The American Academy Of Pediatrics says NO walkers...they are dangerous and babies can get hurt with them. Exersaucer, by ALL means.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:39 PM on Apr. 23, 2010