Moms of onlies: what do you like best about only having one child?

Fallaya

Asked by Fallaya at 10:46 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• that i just have one to give my 100% & with todays economy one is affordable.lol. i love my baby boy.
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 10:52 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I like homeschooling her. I could never do it with more than one child. She had special needs and needs the one on one time. But I do feel bad that she has no siblings.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:52 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I have two now, but when it was just one I loved that I didn't have to split my time. There was no bickering, no worrying about having to be fair to both, no chasing after the older one while trying to hang on to the younger one, no holding the older one back to the younger one's pace, just one routine instead of two...
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:52 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I have two boys, but one is on an extended vacation with his grandparents, so right now it's like having just one again. I love that it is so much easier to spoil just one child. There is no fighting, no bickering, and no headaches. But, I will be very happy when my little man comes back home. Having two again will be an adjustment, but I love that they have each other to play with. No matter what, their brother will always be there.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 12:21 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Well, our only has disabilities, so not having siblings to deal with while trying to cope with our child's medical issues is definately a plus. I don't have worry about where to send another child(ren) when my only is in the hospital or needs to be taken to therapies or when I have to be at the school for yet another meeting. Having an only means more $$ is available to not only buy the things my child needs that insurance doesn't cover, but to also get the things my child wants that we probably wouldn't be able to afford if I had other children to provide for too. Yes, there are times I regret not having more kids, but the choice wasn't really up to me anyway, as I am infertile and our only was a very big surprise, but a welcome one. I wouldn't trade my child for the world!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I love that I get to give all my love to him. And that we are like a team- it's just me and him. I like it that there's no arguing or bickering and that there's not a bunch of kids running through the house all the time. That being said I would also like to have more kids and see what that's like too!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I was an onlie child and even though I had my own room and all the coolest toys.. I was also very very lonely.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Apr. 23, 2010