I want to move to Texas

if you live there how do you like it?

LoveIsBeingAMom

Asked by LoveIsBeingAMom at 10:59 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't live there now but I have lived there most of my life. I think Texas is the best state ever!! But it definitely depends on where you live, because some places are nice and some are not so much!!!
    lovie04256

Answer by lovie04256 at 11:05 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• We moved from Texas in September. All of my family is still there and my son came here but said he could not handle it. We live in a small town, and we are surrounded by nature. I absolutely love it and so does my husband. I lived in Houston, born and raised. The crime there is just so bad and it's sort of hard to get a job but not impossible. I would say it is okay but not for us anymore. I would never move to the big city again.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:15 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Texas is AWESOME......DEPENDING on where in Texas.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 11:16 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I used to live in TX, hated it. Live in OH now and love it.
    Anonymous

• Lol yeah depending on WHERE you live in Texas. I lived in TX for 18 years, and I loved it. We lived in East Texas (Lufkin/Nacogdoches area), and also San Antonio is very nice. The west and the panhandle I didn't like whenever we visited there. It was too flat and too dry for me! I love the pine trees, creeks, lakes, and rivers in East Texas.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:34 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I've lived just outside of Austin for almost 7 years. I'm not a big fan. I HATE the heat and the lack of seasons--there's no real fall, winter or spring, it just gets a little cooler and rains a little more for a couple months, then it's back to being miserably hot. In general, I don't think the school systems are very good--they just teach what's on the TAKS standardized tests. It's nice not having to pay state income tax, but the sales tax and government fees are high to make up for it. I've found it to be true when they say Texans think of this state as a separate country, they are VERY proud, almost arrogant and I just can't figure out what's so great about this place :) It's ok, but nothing special....
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 12:10 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• PS The one really good thing about living here is that the recession hasn't hit here nearly as hard as the rest of the country. The economy has slowed down here, but it seems to be pretty recession-proof here...
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 12:13 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• We are supposed to be moving to the San Antonio area next year. What is that area like?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Apr. 23, 2010