How frequently are home pregnancy tests wrong, really? I mean, just because I got a blood test doesn't mean I'm pregnant. Right?

AHhhhhh! This is so freaking irritating. I am not in a position to have another baby. I am two months late, my boobies are huge, my...okay that part is TMI...I cried at a freaking PBS show, then Criminal minds, then Message in a Bottle, then a coke commercial, all in a three hour span! But I'm not pregnant. I know I'm not pregnant. Right?
My primary physician sent me for lab tests today because he thinks the symptoms are just too in line...and I dunno how I feel now. Have you ever had a negative home test only to find out youre pregnant? Have you ever not wanted to be pregnant? Jesus Christ why am I drinking this wine?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was doing everything I could to not get pregnant again (condoms every time and the pill). I did not want another baby for another few years..Wellll here I am with a 13 month old and 6 months pregnant. I was mad at first but now I know he is coming for a reason. If the pill and condoms both failed, it must have been meant to be!

Sometimes things happen that we think aren't what we want but they turn out perfect.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 12:03 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Jesus christ why are you having sex?
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:05 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• calm down. if you get stressed out about being pregnant you will have all the symptoms.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:10 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• you have no idea how many ppl read the test wrong or gets wrong answer, for a fact if you are stressing out that does fold your period. i was one month late, already planning names cause i thought i was preggo, i had all the symptoms i had with my son, truned out be my stress was holding back my period. and i think you should cool down with the wine until you know for a fact if your pregnant or not, next time hunny use protaction or get on birth control. so you dont have to go through this scares.
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 11:17 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• blood tests are much more accurate, so if you are you will know for sure.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 12:31 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Oooo guess I should have mentioned that I am on birth control, haha! I got pregnant with my son on birth control, so being back on a pill and no longer on an IUD, then suddenly getting pregnancy symptoms...wow, scary! Thanks for the advice, ladies :-)
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 12:22 AM on Apr. 24, 2010