What defines a Christian?

I read the definition and it is the belief in the trinity in one way or another. Either as separate or joined entities. Jesus God and the holy spirit. Believe in the bible. As well believing the only path to God is through Jesus. I have never denied any of this however I am told I am not a Christian for my personal beliefs. However even on my new path to Christo pagan I still believe those things. So how am I not a Christian?

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 11:11 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• You are a christian, only you know what is in your heart and only you know what you truly believe. People are afraid of what they do not understand and Christo pagans are really high on that list of things people just cant wrap their head around. What is important is that you yourself feel at peace with your path, Only you can decide what feels right to you.

I do honestly believe that a christo-pagan path is one of the hardest to walk, my advice is to surround yourself with open minded people from each side who accept you and do not challenge your beliefs.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:55 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• To become a Christian you have to admit you're a sinner and confess your sins, believe Jesus died on the cross and rose again from the dead, and commt your life to Christ. Have you done these things? People may say if you're not living a Christ like life maybe you never really became a Christian in the first place...because when you are truely a Christian you WANT to live you life for Him and it shows through your actions. Make sense? It's hard to type it all out :)
    Kaitlyn0816

Answer by Kaitlyn0816 at 11:32 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I do think it's those things, especially belief that Jesus is the only way to God, but I also think that it means you live your life for God, to glorify His kingdom. By that I simply mean living by the "commandments" as best you can. Being a good person. Treating others with respect. Helping where you can. Having good morals and values. Not becoming corrupted by the world's views on things. Everyone sins, there is NOBODY on earth who doesn't, but repenting and truly doing your best not to is a big part of Christianity IMHO also.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:54 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I hear ya, I too am accused of NOT being a Christian, and I really don't give a dang, what anyone thinks any more about me. I have even been accused of being an atheist posing as a Christian, just to stir up trouble in a few of my Christian groups. LOL   I don't fit into anyone's box, and I don't want to either.

TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 12:22 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• In God's eyes, a true Christian is someone who believes in Jesus' water baptism by John the Baptist, and His death on the Cross (1 John 5:6-11). And then when they do this God makes them holy and righteous. This is what defines a Christian.

In this world you get two types of Christians. One who believes in God correctly and is sinless, and another who believes in God incorrectly and has sin and has to forever say his repentance prayers. These two Christians are typified by the two criminals who were crucified on either side of Jesus. One believed in Jesus correctly, while the other did not. One went to heaven while the other went to hell.
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:01 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• hot mama.. in another post you said you did not beleive this : 3) Christianity is the only path to god.

The word Christian means fller of the Anointed one.
    A Christian Loves the Lord there God with all their heart mind and soul and will want to obey His word and believe His WHOLE word ( not parts)and loves others as themselves. They confess with their mouth that Jesus is Lord, believe in their heart that He is the Son of God.
    It also means to follow the NARROW path that leads to life. As Christians we are not to have one foot in the world and one foot with Christ.. you much choose either or... so that means you are either a Christian or a Pagan but not both. Light and Dark cannot co exist. If you truly are saved you will want nothing but Jesus Christ and to love Him deeply. How much do you love Him, How desperate are you for His love and to be in His precense. If its desperate then there would be no desire to cont..
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:09 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• play the harlot with darkness . God said he rather you be hot or cold but luke warm ( middle ground) He will spit you out of His mouth. Ever tasted luke warm water.... nasty isnt it? Well thats what fence staddlers are... it leaves a nasty taste. He wants you to chose all of Him or None but not parts .

I know its possible I stepped on some toes but this is in the word. You cannot just believe in parts of the bible and toss the rest. Thats believing in God but tossing who He really is.
    He loves you and wants your whole heart.. not a part of it. :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:13 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• that should say follower of the Anointed One *
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:14 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• In this world you get two types of Christians. One who believes in God correctly and is sinless, and another who believes in God incorrectly and has sin and has to forever say his repentance prayers. These two Christians are typified by the two criminals who were crucified on either side of Jesus. One believed in Jesus correctly, while the other did not. One went to heaven while the other went to hell.

Sorry just have to point this out no body is sinless.

Shane no offence but read a dictionary it is Christians like you why I ask this. I don't pick parts of the bible. I look farther into the meaning of all of the bible. Instead of assuming it is just easy to comprehend. I look into it and read many things on it. I also give him my heart I just don't think he wants me to sacrifice my dh and kids, for him. Like you have stated you believe in many posts.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:14 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

Yes I said this. The reason for that part is explained in this question. The other part I explained when I said that. I believe going through Christ is the only way to God not being Christian. I also said there are many paths to Christ not to god. So if you are going to quote me. Use the complete quote not the part that helps you. Many Christians believe as I do on that.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:18 AM on Apr. 23, 2010