How many learning toys is overdoing it?

My little girl will soon be 4 and I was just wondering how many learning toys is too many and what I should buy that would be both a learning experience and fun for her at the same time. I don't want to overdo it.

psurmont

Asked by psurmont at 11:18 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i dont think you could overdo learning unless you child is just tired of all the learning toys and just wants some toys to play with and not learn with.lol.
    Anonymous

• Are you talking about battery-operated toys that talk to her, etc. Like VTech etc? I think your money is better spent on books. Or, better yet, save it for college and get a library card instead. Of course you can't overdo learning, but learning toys I think you can. Kids learn from the "non-learning" toys even more, I think... pretend play is an extremely important way in which kids learn to make sense of their world. In my opinion, your child will learn the most if you give her a variety of experiences (take her out of the house a lot), keep the tv off most of the time you're home, let her have free time to play, and read to her as much as you can.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:41 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• BOOKS!

use the world....why spend money on things that will keep her attention away from the big wide world around us?

Anonymous