Mother's day question.

My boyfriend's mother is awesome. She loves and adores my 5yo dd (from a previous relationship) and is loving and supportive towards me. I'd like to do something nice for her for mother's day but I'm also a little worried that her (lovely but totally) over dramatic daughter will cause a scene.

For example: She said she wanted to take y DD and her husband's grandson to the zoo. Drama Queen goes "oh I wanna go to the zoo, her mom says no, this trip is just for the grandbabies and Drama Queen replies, then why does (my dd) get to go...
She's 24 years old. She can take herself to the zoo...
So you can maybe see my dilemma? I just want to thank her for all that she does and for accepting us like she has. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Holidays

• who cares if she makes a scene? if you want to do something nice and special for her that is more than her own daughter will do then you should. it sounds like she deserves it.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:33 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I agree with the first poster. Do it because YOU want to do it. Your BF mother knows how her dd is, so I would worry about it.
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 11:57 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• oops I mean would NOT worry about it ;-)
    ratchetlee

• You're so lucky to your boyfriend's mother is so accepting of your daughter. My father in law was like that, I'm afraid my mother in law was not. I always appreciated that my father in law treated my first son exactly as my other two sons, who are his natural grandchildren.

I would give her a mother's day gift with a card that tells her you appreciate her. If the drama queen has a problem, it's her problem, and as ratchetlee said, your bf's mom already knows this. In fact it would probably be nice for your daughter to make a card for her, but if you want to give her a gift, I say do it, and ignore the drama queen.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:21 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I would do something for her and ignore her daughter. She will grow up and get over it.

How about buying a simple clay pot (like the terracotta kind) and having your daughter paint it, then plant a flower, etc. in it and give that to her? Then it is from the both of you and I bet it would be really meaningful to her. Just an idea!
    Comfycozy77

Answer by Comfycozy77 at 12:29 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Every family has one some have two. There is nothing you can do so just follow your heart! I think it is sweet you want to honor her<3

GL
    Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 5:53 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I say if that's what you want to do then go ahead and do that. I wouldn't worry too much on how her daughter will feel here on this one.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:32 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I wouldn't give a rip what the Drama Queen says or does. You do what you want for your boyfriend's mother.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 11:08 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I wouldn't let Drama Queen ruin how you feel about the rest of the family, like his mama. I would still do something nice. If she causes a scene she is only hurting herself.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:16 PM on May. 7, 2010