Mother may lose her child because she has a gay roommate?!

I don't know about you...
But I find this absolutely ridiculous.

A family friend of mine may lose her daughter because she moved in with her best friend who happens to be gay.

Her daughter is 8 months old and has her own room...they have a 3 bedroom home and her ex husband is suing for custody because he says it's a bad environment for her. He has a boyfriend who does stay there occasionally but like with most decent people it's not like they are all over each other in front of the little one and she has known this guy for a LONG time.

Her ex has filed papers and they have a hearing in May. I honestly cannot believe it made it to court.

What's your take on this?

jcarvalho

Asked by jcarvalho at 11:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• i think its dumb as hell , but i have seen ppl win cases like this! if the father could prove that the child will be in better hand with him then her, he'll win.
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 11:47 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• If I was the father I wouldnt want my 8m old living with a random man- gay or not. I dont care how long the mother has been friends with him.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:49 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• pinkcicle709 - how is he a "random man"? don't you think if the mother has known the guy for a LONG time and the mother and father were married at one time that the father obviously knows the guy too. he knows the guy...his only issue is that he's gay. that's it. the gay factor.

and the father still lives with his parents and has no room for the baby. he has a criminal record and has only seem the child a few times in her 8 months of living.
    jcarvalho

Answer by jcarvalho at 11:55 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• That is stupid. He would have to prove her unfit, doesn't sound like he can so he is just wasting his money and her's.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 12:05 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Yeah, I think it's just to spite her and to humiliate her friend :/ but i find it ridiculous that it's aloud to go to court.
    jcarvalho

Answer by jcarvalho at 12:10 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• That is stupid, I doubt he'll win custody based on that reason - though in my case I wish that would work for me - my ex and his current "fiancee" are emotionally and verbally abusive to my kids but I can't prove it so its been hard to get the court to order supervised visits, my ex lives with his gay brother and his brother's boyfriend...if I could use that as an excuse I would. Though I know its a ridiculous accusation to say that a child is in a bad environment for living with a gay person, or couple.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• this is crazzzy,
    newmommyjazz

Answer by newmommyjazz at 8:23 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• ......and the father still lives with his parents and has no room for the baby. he has a criminal record and has only seem the child a few times in her 8 months of living.......

HE WONT WIN, THE BABY IS IN BETTER HANDS WITH MOM, plus about the criminal record thats a big plus, of hell no, they only thing that could go worng is if the house where they are staying at is in a bad condections therfore they could take her child away until she finds a better safer place for baby, but if her home is safe and not all trash she'll be okay, ANYWAYS, i doubt the house is trashy, gays are clean freaks well at least most of them..lol.. i wsh her the best of luck!
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 11:18 AM on Apr. 23, 2010