Do you ever just stare at your baby?

I am still in awe of my daughter and she is a year old. I love to just watch her sleep, sometimes I even tear up watching her sleep and thinking about the amazing little person she is growing up to be.

imamommmmyyy

Asked by imamommmmyyy at 12:08 AM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Absolutely! I am amazed at how perfect he is in every way. It took us 2+ years to get pregnant with him, and the realization that I'm a mom--finally-- and that we have such an amazing little boy takes my breath away sometimes. It's also wonderous to me how he has completely turned my life upside down, and I love every bit of it!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:12 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Of course. :)
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 12:14 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• This is funny, our kids are 18, 20 & 27...the younger two still live at home, and I frequently find myself just staring at them, still in awe. But the reason this is funny, is that when our middle son was born a co-worker of my husband's came over to visit, and the baby was laying asleep on a blanket on the floor. Both of us were just sitting there on the floor staring, and Alan (my husband's friend) asked us how we could just sit there and stare at this sleeping baby. A year later his daughter was born, and he said "now I get it, I could just stare at her all day long....." We spoke to him recently, and reminded him of those conversations. His daughter is now 21, and he said "yeah, and I still stare at her in awe".

Congratulations on your little girl, clearly her mommy adores her, and that's as it should be........
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:15 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• my dd is 3 and she absolutely amazes me everyday to the point that i just have to stop and watch her do something. she is truly the most beautiful person on the entire planet!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:19 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• yes! she is 21 months old and its amazing i think to myself"WOW is this really MY child"? lol
    i love her
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 12:20 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• everyday : ) wait till she's 5. one day you'll look at her and think "is this the same baby i stared at?" this is probably the only situation in life where "a watched pot never boils" just doesn't apply. every breath is a precious blessing. it goes by so fast. of coarse you stare! you don't want to miss anything <3

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 12:26 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• everyday
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 12:36 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I always do, even my 5 yr old who sleeps on the top bed of his bunk, I will stand there and stare at him while he sleeps. Back when my oldest was a baby...it was back in the 80's when babies often rode up front..she would just stare at me in her carseat, I would gaze back...that was more a distraction then today's cell phones, lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Yes! My youngest is 2, oldest is 5, and I still watch them sleep...partly because of just how innocent and serene they look when they're not talking back and getting into stuff.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Absolutely! My son is 9 and my daughter is 6. I stare at them ALL the time. I love looking at how beautiful they are and amazed that I had a hand in creating them. I know every detail of their face (and body), every mole and freckle. I've always stared and will never stop staring, hugging, kissing, smothering, and all of that good stuff :)
    RaynDrop

Answer by RaynDrop at 2:41 AM on Apr. 23, 2010