• In the Spotlight:

my daughter is 8 months and thinks its funny to hit in face any ideas on how to stop this

heather203

Asked by heather203 at 12:13 AM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• NEED TO BUST HER BUTT ! !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• How is hitting her going to teach her not to hit???

My daughter did the same thing, the few things that worked best are either ignoring her, putting her down as soon as she started to hit and simply saying no, or grabbing her hands and holding them still. My daughter learned after about a week of persistence. Good luck!
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 12:22 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I agree with the above post. Grab her hands when she does that, say NO in a stern voice and put her down if you possibly can. She will get the picture.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• my 11 month old son does that too. i think its funny. its not a big deal. hes not purposely hitting to hit, he doesnt even know what hitting is ... worry about something like that when hes like 2, not 8 months
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:25 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• She is 8 months, so yeah its funny!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• 1st post is so WRONG! My son did this too. I spoke with his Doctor about it and it is very normal at this age they are not developed enough to understand that they are hurting you. What he told me to do (and it worked OH YEAH) is to just put my son down when he does it after telling him in a firm voice no. It did not work over night but nothing will when they are this young as they also (acccording to my Doctor) do have the ablity to remeber a lot. So just keep doing it and in a week or so it should be much better!

Good Luck
    Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 5:46 AM on Apr. 23, 2010