What can I do to increase my milk supply ? My baby is 7 months and I'm not getting enough , please help.

I tried the mothers tea.... Drinking water..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• drink tons of water & continue to constantly pump your milk to stimulate prouction.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• YOUR BABBY DONT NEED TO BE ON YOUR MILK AND THE KID SURE DONT NEED TO BE ON A BOTTLE , HES NEED TO DRANK OTHER STUFF , HES TO OLD TO DO THAT !
    Anonymous

• my friend makes these cookies (i know it sounds silly but i SWEAR to you they work!) i can get the recipe for you, PM me and I will get it for you in the morning if you want!
    bekka106

Answer by bekka106 at 12:22 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• She is eating solid food too, but milk is getting low
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• just pump about every 3 hours and after you nurse. i heard that eating dates will help increase your supply too.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 12:50 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• how do you know your milk is getting low? do you supppliment with formula or anything else besides solids? So many people think they don't have enough milk but really do have enough, Just remember supply on demand.... the mopre you nurse the more you make. Make sure to nurse BEFORE you give any solid foods, and don't give formula if you want your supply to increase. Also remember that your baby gets more milk from you than a pump will, so if you do pump at all, try to increase the number of times you nurse.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:04 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• also fenugreek is good, as well as oatmeal (the oatmeal cookie recipe is wonderful). but the best thing is of course is nursing more often... also you make more at night, so night nursing may be something to consider as well if you don't already.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:06 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Pumping every 1 to 1/2 for a day, along with the herbal supplement Fenugreek. It's wonderful and can be found at health foos stores and it really works. The Mothersmilk tea contains the same ingredient only you get to take a pill instead of drinking not so great tasting tea.
    lawmom27

Answer by lawmom27 at 1:07 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Wow. Ok here goes. Drink one beer. Yup you heard me. It is an OLD time remedy for low milk supply. Sit and nurse baby and drink a beer. It works. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I disagree about drinking beer that gets in your milk Mama. Also when my Son was 6 months old I was in the hospital for 1 week my milk got down to almost nothing. I spoke with a breast feeding specialist and she told me to just pump as much as I can no more than every 1.5 hours though. Also make sure that the baby is getting enough fluid. Look up how much the baby needs at this age sometimes we Moms gustimate the amount wrong (I know I did) hope all this helps

X
    Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 5:42 AM on Apr. 23, 2010