dry socket??

I just got my tooth out Monday and im worried about getting dry socket. How do I know if I have it and what can I do to prevent getting it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Health

• You will know it! It hurts like hell! If you smoke (Don't) or suck through a straw...if the extraction area has clotted leave it alone. Don't put your tounge in or near the extraction area......
    tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 12:27 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Lube.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:01 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I agree with the first answer. I've never had it but my mom, aunt and ex husband all have. They got it from smoking afterwards. My aunt and mom both said it hurt worse than when they went through labor. The only two preventitive measures I know of is to not smoke or use a straw but I was told basically anything that involves sucking in air will cause it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:02 AM on Apr. 23, 2010