Does anyone else feel like this site is filled with ANGRY moms who love to make other moms feel bad?? I can't remember the last time I asked a question without being accused of being a bad mother...isn't this website supposed to be SUPPORTIVE and HELPFUL?

Why is everyone so mean??? I've been using this website for about a year and a half and it just gets worse and worse!

WHAT ARE YOU ALL SO ANGRY ABOUT!!!???

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 12:19 AM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I totally understand where you are coming from. There are many times I reach out for advice/support and get attacked by other mothers who could still give their opinion, just in a more polite and non-confrontational manner. I just let it roll off my back and try to listen to the ones who really care and ignore the ones that are just being mean. In life there are always jerks out there and this site is no different!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• WE LIKE BEING BITCHY ! ! L.O.L ! !
    Anonymous

• sometimes are worse than others. iv noticed that a lot. i dont get why people are so mean. you ask anything at all and you ALWAYS get atleast one person who just has to say something mean.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:22 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Hi Mommy - I agree, it gets downright mean in here sometimes - I like to think we are all good Moms just doing the best we can. Try to ignore the grumpy ones - maybe they haven't had sex in a really really long time

..jaw drop

myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 12:23 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• the only thing im angry about & give mean answers about are "moms" who give there children up for adoption and the way that other moms speak about adoption like its this wonderful thing that is so great for the children.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:23 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• :( that is why I decide not to post some things under the question section. I choose groups where i can trust the moms to be supportive and helpful... and there are those groups out there!
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:29 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• ha..im confused about this adoption thing? What's so bad about giving a child up for adoption?
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 12:40 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I know what you mean. I start on here 2 years ago and it was never like this. I didn't have internet for awhile and now that I am back on it just doesn't seem the same.
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 12:40 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Purpul, you say VERY hurtful things about breastfeeding.. so you have no room to talk.

I think a lot of the natural minded mothers are very disillusioned and are so bitter and yes, some are angry..

No matter how many times you say to them that something is not a good idea and qualify it with WHY.. you're told "well, my DOCTOR SAID" .. Your doctor got 10 minutes of education about breastfeeding. Your doctor took his child development class and likely forgot 99% of what was in it (I took one too, btw!). They remember milestones and their own biases. They don't actually KNOW EVERYTHING.. So when someone comes to you with mountains of research saying "maybe you should wait to feed your baby til 6 months" or "don't stop breastfeeding for THIS paltry reason.. breastmilk saves babies lives!" folks get aaallllll offended and say "well my grandma did it" WHY THE HECK DO YOU EVEN ASK THEN!?!?!? Jeez.

Answer your question?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• if you want to see anger and spleen , just write a post saying you are pro-circumcision and watch the dragons roar
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 12:46 AM on Apr. 23, 2010