To have more or not!

Question for you mom's.

Lets say you have 3 kids and after you last one you are told not to have anymore by your doctor because
1) you have a disease that can worse at any time.
2) other pregnancy and labor could kill you.

Would you take the risk and have more kids? Is it selfish to have more?

NO IT'S NOT ME.

red_head_mommy2

Asked by red_head_mommy2 at 1:04 AM on Apr. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think it is selfish because if you have been told it could kill you why would you want to leave your child without the chance of ever having a mother? it"s obviously God way of saying your done. Like me i don"t want more, but if i ever do i can't i could bleed to death from being a bleeder, i know when enough is enough
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• i wouldn't...not if it could kill me or the future baby
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:08 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I wouldn't have more. I would be asking my doctor if he/she could take my stuff out so I don't get pregnant on accident either. I have kids that I need to worry about more than satisfying my wanting to have more kids.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 1:23 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• if there was a chance that i would leave my children motherless if i had another baby, then no, i would not do it. i would however seek out alternative forms of medicine for my illness, a homeopath, naturopath, chiropractor, accupuncturist...any one i could find with a different point of view.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:17 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I think, if its not you, then you probably don't know the whole situation. After I had my third the Drs. told me that I probably shouldn't have any more and that another pregnancy could be risky for me.   Well, I recently had my 4th child, and the whole pregnancy, delivery, and recovery went great!

Anonymous