?

whats the chances of having 1 child and not beeing able to get pregnant again. im only 21 have an 18 month old which only took about 4 months of trying now im on my 9th month of trying for number 2 and still nothing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• although i dont really have an answer for this, I find it very weird because im having the exact same problem, and my son is 19 months old, and this is my 7th month of trying . With my son it took us probably likee a month and a half .

But good luck :)
    colbysmommie95

Answer by colbysmommie95 at 1:21 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Are you breastfeeding? That can make it harder to get pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I'm not sure but I am having the same issue as well. It took 4 months for the first and she is now 2. This May will be our 10th month of trying. It's driving me crazy. GL to you.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 2:58 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Unlike those experiencing primary infertility (when a childless couple is unable to conceive), couples that are affected by secondary infertility are much less likely to get infertility treatment. This is usually due to the misconception that once you're fertile, you'll always be fertile. Medical professionals who do not have proper training in infertility issues often perpetuate this false belief. It is not uncommon for a couple to be told to just keep trying and that eventually it will happen. While this may be true in some cases, in many others, advice like this only adds to the frustration and heartache experienced by a couple having fertility problems.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:17 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• (cont.)
    Why Now? Reasons for secondary infertility tend to be the same as reasons for primary infertility. Since you were last pregnant, you or your partner may have had an infection, gained some weight, or started eating fewer healthy foods. These seemingly small variances in your life can have large repercussions on your reproductive health. Additionally, if it has been a few years since you last had a child, your egg quality may have begun decreasing or your partner's sperm may not be what it once was. Abnormalities with sperm and ejaculate are frequently cited as causes of secondary infertility. Other common explanations for secondary infertility include ovulation problems, endometriosis, pelvic adhesions, or uterine fibroids or polyps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:19 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• (cont.)
    If you are under 35, have been having regular, unprotected sex for a year and have not been able to conceive, make an appointment with your doctor or a fertility specialist. If you are over 35, then start investigating the issue after six months of regular, unprotected sex. However, there are times when you should make that appointment with the specialist sooner.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:20 AM on Apr. 23, 2010