WOMEN WHO WEAR DIAPERS!

I was looking for those who have to wear diapers and would be willing to talk to me about. I had to wear them since i had a hysterectomy im 29 i had it in october 09 and feel so embrassed afraid people can see and hear it when i walk. This is so embrassing to ask for help about was told doc cant do anything during hyster i had 30% of bladder removed.

momof3boys09

Asked by momof3boys09 at 2:12 AM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Health

• Please don't be embarrassed. I know what you mean about thinking people hear it or see it. But really most people are self centered and don't think about others enough to think you are wearing them. HUGS. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• No don't worry about it. One time I was at a party then I went to the restroom with some girl friends. I found out I had my period and did not have any sanitary napkin with me! One gave me a huge roll of tissue while the other gave me her baby's diaper. She swore she wore them at night instead of napkins. No leaks! It was kinda weird at first but she's right. No leaks. Take care alright and do what you gotta do. Wear an adult's diaper because you have to. Don't think that other people can hear it when your walking because they won't.
    LavenderRose10

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 2:48 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• My mother was a perfectionist when it came to her appearance. She came and stayed with us a lot in the last few years of her life, and I didn't find out until very late that she wore diapers for two years. I was so upset! Not at her for wearing them, but because she was too embarrassed to tell me! (She would even keep the wet ones in a plastic bag in her suitcase) So I'm telling you, if she could hide it from me and all her friends, I doubt you have anything to worry about. They make some really good ones these days that aren't noticable at all. Bless you.........NanaR46
    NanaR46

Answer by NanaR46 at 4:08 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I have horrible incontinence issues since my hysterectomy and they didn't mess with my bladder. I am fortunate that I am still a stay at home mom and I can go to the bathroom frequently, but I have to be really careful when I laugh or cough. I do wear at least a pad when I go out in public, just in case. Is there another product you can try that wouldn't be so noisy? If they have cloth diapers for babies, there must be something cloth for incontinent women. Could you use the ones that look like pads in public and change them frequently?

I'm a little alarmed at the number of women my age that have gotten hysterectomies lately. I'm 30 and I had mine 2 years ago. Seems like everyone is having to have them done now! Good luck Mama. I hope you find a workable solution!
    Eris822

Answer by Eris822 at 7:13 AM on Apr. 23, 2010