If your friend slept with somoene on a 2day break

My friend has been with her fiancee for 3 years, after finding out he'd cheated, they took a break. She had protected sex with one of her friends, but they only stayed apart for 2 days. She later told me she's pregnant, it wasn't until about a month ago, she started thinking about everything & realized it was around the same time this all happend that she got pregnant. I'm the only one who knows and don't know what advice to give her. Would you ladies recommend a paternity test? She and the bf were sexual active daily (to my understanding) unprotected and this entire time she's thought the baby to be his, but after counting back she realized she could gotten pregnant around the same time she took those 2 days off & had protected sex with the other guy. They're so excited about the baby and I'm friends with them both, I don't know what to recommend..I'd feel responsible if I encouraged her to do something that'd damage things

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 AM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• Wow. Real hard subject. I think it would best to come clean with her fiance because the truth ALWAYS comes out eventually. She's got to think about his feelings and her new baby's feelings. What if they were to find out he's not the father and the kid's about 10? That would be far more devistating than telling him now. If he loves her and they are in a good relationship, they can work through this. If not well then it probably wasn't meant to be in the first place.
    SinaiJ

Answer by SinaiJ at 4:20 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• look to be honest it was protected so ................tht should tell it all.......... and out of tht 1% chance it chould be tht dudes well come on shes happy with her man and he is happy to hav a kid...........so were just leav it with that.

but you are a very good friend..........so dnt mention nothink cz i no u would want thm both to be happy right??
    chocolate_27

Answer by chocolate_27 at 4:22 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Honestly it depends on how "protected" it was. A lot of people say sex was protected but that just means that the moment he ejaculated he had a condom on. If they were not idiots like that (and used protection properly) then I'd say let it go, it's her boyfriend's baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:26 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Dnt tell him cz she could be alone with no one but a child and you to be th blame............if you say your a friend just ..........make sure your ther for her no mater wat th situation turns out to be..............................and dnt lissen to th top comment ......HE WOULD LIKE TO HEAR IT FROM HER NOT YOU.......or you could lose both friends ...........
    chocolate_27

Answer by chocolate_27 at 4:28 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I would not tell her anything. I would just not advise her on this subject unless she asked. She should try to do a DNA test.

Answer by louise2 at 5:47 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Maybe, after the baby is born, see who it looks like, and then ask the friend to take a DNA test. Because he knows they had sex. And if it isn't his (the friend) then no harm, no foul. But if it is his, then she can fess up to her BF.
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 7:44 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• If they used protection I wouldn't worry.... GL to your friend!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 8:21 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• It never hurts to get a DNA test to be sure and she never has to tell her fiancee. She can just get the test done with the friend. If he's not the father then she knows it belongs to her fiancee. It will cost about $500 but it will answer the question.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:43 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I agree with saya don't say anything to the boyfriend since it was protected sex there is a really small chance its not his, then have the friend take a test after the birth and if its not his never say anything to the boyfriend about it ever
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• If no one knows she should die with that secret. Specially if the fiance marries her thinking it is his child.

Anonymous