how many words should a 2 year old be saying

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 AM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• all 2year olds are different most toddlers at 2 say many words which build up dayly and thy copy words you say adding more to there vocabulary ...................................and thn there are others that say nothink at all untill thy are 3-4 but it doest mean anything most children tht say nothink at that age are usually alot smarter but well dnt think about it too much .........they all stat in there own times when they feel like talking
    chocolate_27

Answer by chocolate_27 at 4:13 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• If for some reason you think your child may be behind and you want to get them tested every state has a Early Child Intervention Center where you can get your child tested. Our daughter was a preemie so we had some concerns about vocabulary and why she wasn't sitting and standing at certain points. This is normally free of charge, but if you have insurance they like that so they get some money. They assess your child with you there and let you know what may benefit your child if anything. If your child has a speech delay they will advise you the best course of action. They have programs for low income families as well so don't think you can't afford it. Sounds like you care about your child and want the best for them. If you have doubts this is a good start :) Hope this helps.
    StevensWife

Answer by StevensWife at 5:09 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I'm not so sure about words, but I was told the should be staring to say 2-3 word sentences. My dd wasn't and when I talked to her ped he said he would put in for early intervention... I never got the call or papers like it is required for military but two weeks later she started talking in sentences so there was no longer a concern...
    Hopefully your ped is more capable than mine was so if you do have concerns you know he/she will actually help! GL!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 10:47 AM on Apr. 23, 2010