For those who practice Witchcraft or Paganism, have you ever had a bad experience?

I'm not looking for anti witchcraft answers, I'm just curious. I'm Christian, I believe in spirits but I think it can be dangerous, especially for people who are new to witchcraft. Have you had contact with unfriendly spirits?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:14 AM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• op, I don't think you are going to get the answer you are looking for. Lets go over some basics.

1-witchcraft practitioners aren't necessarily associated with practicing with spirits.. as Sabrina and others pointed out, that's part of a different religion. Witchcraft if a practice/ritual, however not really a religion. It is namely practiced by Pagans.

2- Contacting spirits (as pointed out above) isn't necessarily witchcraft. Some people are acclaimed mediums and psychics that get involved in Spiritualism (although they can be of any religion), because of their extra "talents". How they perceive a "bad" encounter could vary from person to person BASED off their religious interpretations. Example, if someone just sees a shadow, they may freak and automatically assume it is a demon because of it's Shadowy appearance. However someone else may just see it as a shadow mist and that was that. cont.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:37 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• No, I don't do anything with spirits.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:32 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• No, I don't do anything with spirits.

Well, I guess the question wasn't for you then. I don't either thats why I'm asking people who do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:42 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• No i never came in to contact with an unfriendly one. I only have seen Shadow people. they do not do much 

Christine113

Answer by Christine113 at 7:00 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Not as a result of anything pagan.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 9:31 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Witches and Pagans do not necessarily work with spirits. You are thinking more of Spritism I think. That religion works more with disincarnate spirits.

As a pagan I do not try to work with disincarnate spirits, unless you are talking about Angels. I do revere Nature Spirits, but these would be the Divine spirit that resides inside trees, bodies of water, etc. They are not disincarnate spirits that used to walk the earth, they are PART of God/Goddess.

But to answer your question NO I've never had a negative experience only WONDERFUL experiences with Paganism.
    FemRising

Answer by FemRising at 9:47 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Witches and Pagans generally don't deal with Spirits. That is called Alchemy and is practiced by a "Ritual Magician." However, as far as I know there aren't any RMs on here. I have done some study in to Alchemy, but I am far from able to practice anything like that, it takes a lifetime to master...

As far as if I have ever had a bad experience? Well, yes, but I was called in to help the situation, it had nothing to do with my own practices. In fact the person with the issues was Christian and "Obsessed" by a spirit of some kind...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:01 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Nope. I have seen both types of spirits. Good and bad and yes I know the difference. But short of seeing them nothing bad has ever happened. I cast spells only for protection and healing. So no ill effects there either. if you are grounded and protected in the white light it is hard for unfriendly spirits to get to you.
    Anonymous

• I call upon angelic spirits and put plenty of protection around myself. I have spoken with the deceased who have passed over to the Other Side. I speak with my angel protectors and my spirit guide. They have protected me from any negative experiences with other spirits (including a really ANGRY atheist who was pissed that he was still alive and aware as a spirit). In my childhood the spirit world was just as real to me as the living people around me. I saw them then, and talked to them. I am having to re-learn that gift again.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:20 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Do you think it is potentially dangerous for someone with little experience to play around with witch craft, if they aren't able to understand it all, or knowledgeable enough to provide protection for themselves and their surroundings. 

Anonymous