Fibrocystic Breast Problems

I had problems when younger and still having cycle, hormonal changes definitely made fibrocystic breast worse. So does caffeine. Anyway, now I am 63 and had surgery so have no hormones to worry about any more, and haven't had any problems until recently. Have one now, and it is probably fibrocystic, oval, smooth, and movable, so probably fibrocystic. Am cutting back on caffeine and hope that will help. Have to cut back slowly, otherwise get caffeine withdrawal headaches. Will know more in a month or so, hopefully it will reduce. It is an irritation, more than anything else. It is not getting larger. Don't have insurance (not old enough for Medicare), and Health Dept is still a tad high. They don't take into consideration I am paying on two large charge cards and two other bills that are rather large, only utilities and mortgage, so discretionary spending (including medical) is extremely limited. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 AM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Health

• you have to consider chocolate too. i would research any all foods that contain chocolates, theobroma, and caffeine and stay away from them 100% of the time. you probably are still producing female hormones from other sources even if you have had a partial hysterectomy. check out online all legit resources for prevention of FCBD and it's symptoms. Really though, if you feel you have a simple cyst and are familiar with them in the past, I would just leave it alone and stop worrying until you can get it evaluated. GL

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:04 AM on Apr. 23, 2010