Spotting early on (tmi maybe)

I am only about 5 weeks pregnant, and last night I started spotting. Not alot, but it was pink when I wiped. There were two very tiny (like the size of a pencil point) blood clots also. This is my third pregnancy, and I have never had a miscarriage before. Do you think this could be a miscarriage, or am I just being overly paranoid? And before you say to call my doctor, I already did...I left a message for a nurse to call me back and I am just waiting, but I hate waiting...it's making me more stressed out. Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• call your doc and/or head to ER. it could be miscarriage but it could be a number of other things. i had a whole bunch of bright red bleeding around 5-6 weeks. it was a subchorionic bleed, which is a bleed between the placenta and uterus wall. everything turned out ok, but i didn't have any cramping. i did have a couple small clots. of course that put me at higher risk for miscarriage, but i'm 12 weeks now.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:31 AM on Apr. 23, 2010